The targeted and strategic use of pupil premium will support us in achieving our vision.
We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable
groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium
funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged and/or ‘vulnerable’.
Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Very small amounts of funding and resources
means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time
The range of provision the Governors may consider making for this group could include:
- Reducing class sizes or increasing the amount of support, to enhance opportunities for effective AfL and accelerate progress
- Providing small group work with an experienced teacher/HLTA focussed on overcoming gaps in learning 1-1 support
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through learning mentors,
- Trained TAs or external agencies
- Additional 1:1 assertive mentoring meetings
- Specific clubs/activities/financial support for residential visits
- Specific support for Parents
All our work through the pupil premium will be aimed at accelerating progress and narrowing attainment gaps, moving children to at least age related expectations.
Pupil premium resources may also be used to target able children.
Click here to download our full Pupil Premium Policy
Click here for Pupil Premium report to Parents 2015/16
Click here for Pupil Premium planned spending for 2016/17
SEE POLICIES FOR SEND LOCAL OFFER